Re: [FW-1] Error FW-1 at firewall: Failed to connect to the WWW s erver & Error FW-1 at firewall: Unknown WWW Server

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Error FW-1 at firewall: Failed to connect to the WWW s erver & Error FW-1 at firewall: Unknown WWW Server
  • From: "Chontzopoulos, Dimitris" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:13:23 +0200
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Thank you very much for your response but i think that this is not my case. The URL type(d) is always correct, the FW doesn't have M$ DNS server installed or other DNS Server program or caching, the FW is configured to use DNS Name Resolution (and it works like a charm), the web site(s) we are trying to visit do not time out. Further more there is no BIND timeout in Policy -> Properties, Resolving Tab (to be exact there is no such thing as Resolving TAB inside Policy, Properties). Is there any other way around this problem? The FW is FW-1 4.1 CP2000 SP3 on M$ NT 4.0 SRV SP6a. Thank you. Thare is also a number of HTTP, FTP Resources (These are used for Nimda in-out, forbiden downloads, ftp access for specific PC's to specific IP Addresses).