Re: [FW-1] Sending FW-I GUI Client traffic through a SecureClient VPN

If you're management console has an SSH server installed, consider doing
this:

http://www.sudoers.com/people/cmarnold/projects/ssh/index.html

Chris

---
Tim Jones <[email protected]>
Sent by: Mailing list for discussion
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Sending FW-I GUI Client traffic through a SecureClient VPN

Hello.

I'm having two issues with FW-I 4.1, SecureClient, and
the FW-I GUI client that I'm hoping someone can help
me with.  Here they are:

1) Our VPN encryption domain is 192.168.0.0/16.  One
of the management station's interfaces uses an IP in
this range; however, when trying to connect to that IP
with the GUI client while connected to the VPN, it
doesn't work.  It seems that the traffic doesn't try
to go through the VPN despite the fact that the
destination address is in the encryption domain.  When
pinging the IP, however, the traffic does indeed go
through the VPN, and the ping is successful.

I ran across this link:
http://support.checkpoint.com/public/publisher.asp?id=faf384f6-d59e-11d4
-a57a24&resource

&number=4&isExternal=0.

It only deals with NG, however -- the crypt.def entry
that it references isn't present on our management
station.

So, is there any way to tell GUI client traffic to go
though the VPN with version 4.1?

2) Our management station also has an external,
routeable IP address.  For whatever reason, it's
possible for me to connect to the GUI client via this
IP address while connected to the VPN using an
"Encryption Only" policy.  This external IP isn't in
the encryption domain, however, and nothing else
outside the encryption domain is accessible in this
manner.

Does anyone know why this is the case, and, how to
prevent it?

All help is appreciated.  Thanks!