From: Mike Glassman - Admin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 1:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Unable to connect to Citrix via NFuse

Morning all,

We are having a very odd issue here regarding NFuse via a FW.

We set up our Citrix farm (4 servers) and created the NFuse on our IIS
server as per the documentation.

I then set up a WS object for the IIS server with a valid IP address NAT.

We can connect to the NFuse system and run applications fine from inside the
network, and when we access the NAT'd address or the internal address of the
IIS server (Via VPN) via the Internet, all is fine as far as the logon
screen and the application screen.

The moment we try to run an application we get an error stating that "There
is no Citrix Server configured on the specified address".

We have set up the /altaddr parameter and changed the corresponding files to
show this address (the NAT'd address of the IIS server) with no luck at all.

I know this should work, but for the life of me I do not know what else to
do. As far as I can tell, the FW setup is ok, with a rule allowing
pre-defined users to access the Citrix server (IIS NFuse setup) using http.

I also tried allowing any protocol with no luck.

Any ideas at all ? Is it something on the FW side ?

I'd really appreciate some help on this one.

Thanks,

Mike Glassman
System & Security Admin
Computer & Information Systems
Israeli Airports Authority
Ben-Gurion Airport
http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il

Tel : 972-3-9710785
Fax : 972-3-9710939
Email : [email protected]

Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.