Re: [FW-1] Unable to open '/dev/fw0': No such device or address

Hi Francis,

I had this problem with a customer the other day.  Not sure if this
will work for everyone, but it was posted on phoneboy and I was out
of ideas, and sure enough, it did work!  The recommendation given
by CheckPoint for this type of error is to un-install and reinstall
the firewall, but you may not need to waste time doing that with this
solution....I tried the first few to no avail:

Recreating /dev/fw0
Q:
I seem to have lost or corrupted my /dev/fw0 device. Is there a way to get
it back without re-installing FireWall-1?
A:
Here's how to bring back /dev/fw0 without re-installing on Solaris:
Make sure /etc/devlink.tab contains:

type=ddi_pseudo;name=fw       fw\A0

If it's there, try:
/usr/sbin/devlinks

******HAD TO DO THIS ONE BELOW*************

If that doesn't work, run the following commands:
rm -f /usr/kernel/drv/fw /usr/kernel/drv/fw.conf
ln -s $FWDIR/modules/fwmod.5.x.o /usr/kernel/drv/fw
ln -s $FWDIR/modules/fw.conf /usr/kernel/drv/fw.conf
/usr/sbin/add_drv fw
/usr/sbin/devlinks
On HP/UX (and possibly other Unix-like OSes), you can recreate it as follows
(thanks to Victor Lamptey):
mknod /dev/fw0 c 129 0
chmod 644 /dev/fw0
chown root /dev/fw0