Re: [FW-1] Pros and Cons about HA-software

FWIW we use Rainwall and it has been simple to set up, painless to use and has made maintaining the
firewalls a breeze since I can easily do it anytime of day. The first day we were up I failed them over 10 times during the day just because I could. :-)  I like the fact that it does not need a shared MAC (it does a true VIP like a cluster server would), and does not need additional hardware (no heartbeat network)

- Joe

>>> "Juppunov, George" <[email protected]> 01/11/02 01:33PM >>>
I've mostly worked with StoneBeat and I would recommend it.
The HA products is relatively easy to setup and maintain, while
the Full-Cluster is a bit trickier and requires a somewhat more advanced
knowledge of networking and Operating systems.
In my experience, both are very reliable (although I've heard people having
problems with Full-Cluster) and highly customizable, so you can accommodate
various customer requirements.

www.stonebeat.com should answer most of your support questions.

Thank you.
George