Re: [FW-1] IKE Encryption Problems with SecuRemote

> I had the same problem after the latest 4.1 patch. The client would exchange
> key without problems but not be able to access the network.
In our case, not even the key exchange works. The client contacts the
firewall on port 500, but the firewall never says anything in return.

> Users defined previous to upgrade work with both IKE and FWZ -- no problems.
This is a clean install so we have no prior situation with which to
compare it.

> New users seem to work only when IKE is the only defined access method. In
> the user profile the Authentication tab has to undefined and the Encryption
> tab should have IKE encryption only.
We only have IKE defined for the user. We also tried this with shared
secrets and hybrid-mode authentication. Neither made any difference.

I really think this may just be the firewall borked itself but I figured I
would check with others first.

I have gotten this to work on countless Nokia boxes and a few NT boxes,
but never on Win2k (this being the only time I have ever tried).

-Don