Re: [FW-1] VPN & SecuRemote combined

At 23:51 11.01.2002 +1100, John Georges wrote:

[...]
> >We want to establish a VPN connection between FWA and FWB which is simple
> >enough, however people on NET1 will also be required to authenticate and
> >encrypt to FWA for traffic going to NET2.
> >
> >The results in two almost identical rules on FWA:
> >
> >1. NET1 ---> NET2   Any   Client Encrypt
>
> wenn - if you want to use securemote to connect to NET2 and authenticate
> your users on FW-B you should implement this rule on FWB. in that case you
> don't need the second rule, just configure secuRemote to connect to NET2
> through FWB on every client in NET1 and it works!

Sorry, I want to authenticate off FWA, not FWB.  Authentication of NET1
users must be done by FWA.  (management of users and the firewalls is to
remain within the respective companies).

> maybe you want to use "User Auth" instead of "Client Enctrypt" ??

No, as far as I know we want to use Client Encrypt.  The aim is to encrypt
all traffic on NET1, User Auth won't do that for us.

the encryption is done with the 2nd rule (net1 -> net2 encrypt), above this rule you have to make a rule 1 (net1 -> net2 session-auth). then you have to authenticate because of rule 1 and traffic is ancrypted because of rule 2.

I didn't test it myself but I think it should work!

cheers
-reinhard

--
Reinhard Stich,   ASSIST    [email protected]
Internet Security AG, 1190 Wien, Nussdorfer Laende 29-33