Re: [FW-1] FW4.1 and Sonicwall (VPN)

[email protected] wrote:

I must create a VPN-Network with same Checkpoint FW 4.1 SP5 and same Sonicwall-Systems. Is this possible or have anyone any experience ?

Try to use different networks in each of the locations (to avoid NATing)
- makes things easier.

And remember you only can do VPN going to or coming from "external" with
respect to firewall view (without massivest showhorning). This FW1 will
use the primary IP address (usually the external, licensed) exclusively
as entry point for VPNs. The Sonics won't let you any choice - only from
external (WAN) to LAN - no DMZ, sorry (AFAIK).

Don't forget to set proper routes on the clients and servers in the
connected netwporks. Sounds trivial, but not only me regularily forgets
that one...

Bye
       Volker

--