Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote software thru Linksys wireless gateway/firewall?

Map port 2746 to your SecuRemote Client.  The IPSEC passthrough is only half of the equation.  You also want to make sure that you’ve set the client to “force udp encapsulation”.

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 3:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] SecuRemote software thru Linksys wireless gateway/firewall?

Folks:

Perhaps some of you know how this works.  I'm running VPN-1 SecuRemote v4.1 SP4 3DES build #4185 on a laptop at a home office.  Recently I installed a Linksys wireless router/gateway/firewall to connect this any other machines to the Internet via my cable modem.  However, while all other services work fine from this laptop, the SecuRemote client can not seem to get out.

Granted I am running NAT on the firewall/router box, but Linksys says they support "IPSec Pass Through" and I thought this setting worked for the SecuRemote client.  Software version on the wireless gateway is 1.39.2 (dated Oct 9, 2001).  Supposedly this version was to fix this problem.

Any suggestions or am I SOL?  There are some possible filter settings, but I'm not sure which would help.

-Bruce