Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote through NAT device???

> I was curious - why is IKE better?  For some reason we can only use FWZ....
> on the client machines, we get an error stating that we cannot use IKE...
Because IKE is used with 3DES encryption and is much stronger than FWZ
encryption.

The newer versions of Firewall-1 also support IKE in hybrid mode which
makes it very flexible in terms of authentication.

IKE also supports UDP encapsulation and works from behind hide mode NAT
devices which FWZ does not support.

You are getting an error on the user side with IKE probably because you do
not have IKE enabled on the firewall, or because you have not defined an
internal CA or for a myriad of other possible reasons.

-Don