Re: [FW-1] moving rules and objects from 4.1 to NG

I upgraded some time ago (to NG at that time, not NG FP1). Here is what
I had to do at that time:

> So how do you import the old rulesets + objects into NG?
>
>  - start with a clean install of the NG management console
>  - cpstop
>  - copy <your 4.1 objects.c> to $FWDIR/conf/prev_ver_objects.c
>  - copy <your 4.1 rulebase.fws> to $FWDIR/conf/rulebases.fws
>  - copy <your 4.1 fwauth.NDB> to $FWDIR/conf/fwauth.NDB
>  - copy <the objects.C from a clean NG install> to $FWDIR/conf/empty_objects.C
>  - $FWDIR/bin/fw confmerge $FWDIR/conf/prev_ver_objects.c $FWDIR/conf/empty_objects.C > $FWDIR/conf/objects.C
>  (- rm object_5_0.C  Note: I wrote this down in my notes but I'm not sure whether I eventualy
>     had to do this step or not)
>  - $FWDIR/bin/fw checkobj
>  - $FWDIR/bin/fw cpmi_upgrade
>  - cpstart
>
> When you connect with the GUI you may get a number of errors regarding
> either some rulesets or some objects. Try removing those and start all
> over (and make frequent backups of the conf/ directory :-)

Nico

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 01:19:14PM -0800, Tony Wong wrote:
> I just setup and new NG box and would like to move the rules and objects
> from my old 4.1 box to this new box. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/VPE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: [email protected]