From: Don [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 2:38 PM
To: Hanke, Christian (DC)
Subject: Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote through NAT device???

> Been struggling with this for months now. Maybe one of you fine people can
> point me in the right direction.
>
> FW1 4.1 SP3 box with a private network behind it. Trying to connect though
> SecuRemote and it works beautifully as long as the client isn't NAT'd. Add
> Linksys or Netgear router on the Client side for Internet connection
sharing
> / NAT and SecuRemote breaks. Update site and logon to site works fine and
> with no errors. Once logged on though, no resources can be accessed on the
> private network behind the firewall. Can't ping, see/open shares, nothing.
> Interestingly, even when the NAT'd box is set up as DMZ, (all packets pass
> through and forwarded to client with no filters), SecuRemote still will
not
> work. Only when the NAT device is removed from the picture all together
will
> SecuRemote function. I have followed the instructions on Phoneboy's site
> about SecuRemote Client and NAT until I'm blue in the face. In a nutshell,
> this is what he recommends.
If you would like, I am on an internal network, being NAT'd through a
CheckPoint 4.0 firewall, and I would be happy to help you troubleshoot
this with you.

If this is a test network, and you are willing to set up a temporary
login, I can configure a SecuRemote client and test this. I can also
perform a tcpdump and let you know if the traffic is being encrypted as
you intended.

CheckPoint can be a bear sometimes, and I would be happy to help in any
way.

I have set up SR through NAT a number of times and there always seems to
be a gotcha.

-Don