[FW-1] editing objects_5_0.C - can/should you? (fwd)

 I've gone through the upgrade process from 4.1 Sp5 to NG.. It was not
clean at all but it is working.  I've upgraded 5 or so NG boxes and this
is the first one that has 'burped'. The others upgraded fine.

 The upgrade process was not happy with some of my own defined services
so I had to revert back to 4.1, remove my own defined services and do the
upgrade again.  This was OK because it did convert my objects properly
from what I could tell. I'd rather recreate the rulebase than add all the
objects all over again.

 I could open the gui and see my policies but could not install them. I
had to take recreate my policy all over and then it would install
properly.

 Now I attempt to add the FP1 upgrade (FP1/HF1/HF2) and now the GUI
cannot connect when loading the objects, it just crashes.

 I determined that there were more entries in the objects_5_0.C that FP1
did not like and now I need to remove them so that I can get the gui
client to connect. The GUI client starts to load the objects and just
crashes flat.

 What is the proper procedure for removing entries from objects_5_0.C when
you cannot connnect with a GUI, or even be able to see the services
listed in the GUI?  if I cat out the objects_5_0.C file I can see entries
in there for them, but they don't show up when looking at them in the GUI.

 Also,

 You used to be able to recreate the rulebases.fws file with a simple fwm
-g *.W.. This doesn't work in NG either.

--
 Miles D. Oliver
 http://www.mmoliver.org