Re: [FW-1] Cannot Compile

Dear all,

I pasted this part from http://www.phoneboy.com/docs/smtp.
Anyone knows, what should we do before install the policy for FW-1 running
on NT 4.0?
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Suriyanto

---------
Once you have completed this,  save the policy and Exit.   Do not Install
the Policy. There are a few other steps we need to do before
we install the policy.

There are a couple of other things we need to do first:

In the $FWDIR/conf directory,  look at the following file:  fwauthd.conf

Make sure the following line exists and is uncommented:

25   in.asmtpd   wait   0

If the line is not there or commented out, then add or uncomment it, and
recycle the Firewall using fwstop, and then fwstart.

Next,  make sure that directory we defined in the $FWDIR/conf/smtp.conf
file for rundir exists and has the proper
permissions.  Generally drwxr-xr-x   2 root     system   /var/fwspool  is
adequate.

Now, re-enter your policy editor,  and click on Policy Properties.   Click
the tab
“Security Servers”.
In the STMP Welcome Message box, type a message that remote SMTP servers
will see when they connect to your firewall.
Typically, this is something like:  Unauthorized Access Prohibited.

eka sm <[email protected]> on 12/24/2001 06:23:13 PM

Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
      <[email protected]>