[FW-1] SecureClient IKE Key Exchange

Hello.

Have a question about FW-I 4.1 and SecureClient.  I'm
trying to figure out exactly what determines the IP
address to which the IKE key exchange is attempted.

In our case, there are two firewalls (A and B), one of
which is a cold spare.  We've been using firewall B as
the primary ever since we deployed SecureClient a few
months ago.  We had to fail over to firewall A today,
however, because of a hardware issue with firewall B.

I used to think that the key exchange went to whatever
IP address is listed in the primary firewall's
'General' tab in Policy Editor.  This doesn't seem to
be 100% accurate, however, as the key exchange is
still trying to go to firewall B's IP address even
know firewall A is now the primary.

The userc.C file that is pushed to the client upon
adding the site contains information about both
firewalls.  Firewall B seems to take precedence over
firewall A, however, even know firewall A's
information is listed first in userc.C.

So, I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that
I'm not aware of that dictates which listed firewall
in userc.C takes precedence.  Anyone know?

All help is apprecitated.

Thanks,
Tim

http://greetings.yahoo.com