[FW-1] Prism Chipset Wifi BSOD

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] Prism Chipset Wifi BSOD
  • From: Anthony Mendoza <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 09:51:01 -0800
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

All,

I'm new to this list and have been searching the archives + the
Checkpoint knowledgebase, but haven't found anything.  My problem is this:

Running Checkpoint FW1/VPN1 SP5 and SecureClient SP5 for Win2k.  Trying
to get it to work on a Sony VAIO PCG-XG39 with either a DLink DWL-650 or
Compaq WL100 WiFi card.  Everything works fine with standard ethernet.
VPN auth's, split-dns, the works.  If I insert either WiFi card after
the system boots, everything is ok.  If I reboot with SecureRemote bound
to the interface it crashes after logon.  I've narrowed it down to the
WiFi Client Manager causing the problem by this:

* Installed Compaq WL100 w/out Client Manager
* Bound SecureRemote to Compaq WL100 Adapter, rebooted
* Logged back in, so far so good.
* Installed Client Manager for WL100 (latest from Compaq website)
* System BSOD with a memory dump.
* All reboots after this do the same (once logged in), the BSOD doesn't
appear until the workstation tries to load the Client Manager.

My OS is Win2kPro SP2 w/Critical Updates, latest Sony drivers from
sony.com  Everything is patched and up-to-date.  Latest SecureClient
available for download from Checkpoint.  Any pointers would be great.
I've checked google with searches, checked phoneboy, etc...  I'm
frustrated enough with searching the Checkpoint knowledgebase.  Does
anyone find that thing easy to use?  I'm going to attempt to open a case
with Checkpoint, but this has been an uphill struggle for me as they
seem to not think I have any support (although we purchased/licensed
gold support)..

Thanks again for any help,
--
Anthony Mendoza