[FW-1] drop, icmp, rule 0 from broadcast? HELP!

I have a FW in place, not yet in production, and it's CONSTANTLY loggging
these drops:

Interface: internal interface
Type: log
Action: drop
Service: hiport (>1024)
Source: 10.1.255.255
Destination: Various internal 10.1.x.x hosts
Proto: icmp
Rule: 0
S_Port: 771

And I can't get them to stop logging.  What are these, and how do I get rid
of them?  They're really filling up my FW logs.

I've tried setting the network object "LAN" (10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0) to
disallow broadcast... and allow broadcast... both to no avail.

-Yanek.