Re: [FW-1] Cannot Compile

Hi Yves,

Actually this is the real problem we are facing now. I have tried to do
what you advised to :

   First: Name: SMTP-Reject_dest
          Comment: Reject common redirection characters
          Exception Track: Log
          Notify Sender On Error
          Match Recipient: *{*%*,*!*}*
          Strip MIME of type:
          Don't Accept Mail Larger Than 999999 KB
          CVP Server Anti_Virus
          CVP Read/Write
          Allowed Chars: 8-bit

When we typed *{*%*,*!*}* in the Match Recipient we found "invalid match or
... something like that".
Then I let it blank. For the second resource we have no problem defining
them.

When we installed (compiled) the new rules. The following error occured :

Standard.W: Security Policy Script generated into Standard.pf
Standard:
"C:\WINNT\FW\conf\Standard.pf", line 584: ERROR: macro identifier <smtp>
redefined
"C:\WINNT\FW\conf\Standard.pf", line 629: ERROR: cannot expand macro <smtp>
"C:\WINNT\FW\conf\Standard.pf", line 692: ERROR: cannot find
<table_target_list9> anywhere
Compilation Failed.

Finally we tried to remove the two rules and reinstalled again. Now there
is no error found, but there is no transaction found in
the log viewer like normally. Most of the fields have no contents at all
(before I found this error, the log can record any transaction thru the
firewall).
I am rather worried and don't know whether this FW is working properly or
not.

After that we tried to create another simple resource & rule like :

>I have created a resource :
>
>          Name: AntiSpamming
>          Exception Track: None
>          Match Sender: {*@vhost.*}
>          Don't Accept Mail Larger Than 1000 KB
>          CVP (no server installed)
>          CVP None
>          Allowed Chars: 8-bit
>
>With the two following roule:
>
>Source Destination   Service                  Action    Install on
>any    SMTP            smtp->SMTP-AntiSpamming  Reject       OurFW

Same error found when installed the rule. These are the complete history of
our mails.

Perhaps related question with this mail :
We use Check Point FireWall-1 version 4.0 running on NT4.0
To deploy CVP in the FW-1, do we need another software besides the FW-1?

Thank you very much for sharing your idea.

Best regards,
Suriyanto

Yves Belle-Isle <[email protected]> on 11/29/2001 09:10:30 PM

Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
      <[email protected]>