Re: [FW-1] SecureRemote and Linksys router/firewall

I used the following instructions, and things worked fine for me!

Thinks to double check: firm ware version of linksys router

-=-=Greg Fraize
Genuity Inc.

Solution: How to set up Securemote behind a Firewall to connect
   to a remote Firewall. (47.418)

   Assuming the local FireWall does not do address translation (NAT), part
of setup
   depends on whether or not the remote FireWall-1 is configured to use
   encapsulation for SecuRemote connections or not.

   General Configuration
   ================
   In all cases, you will need to permit the following traffic through your
local
   FireWall (Note: only use ISAKMP for FireWall-1 4.0 when ISAKMP is used for
   SecuRemote):

---------------------------
   Source | Destination | Service | Action |

---------------------------
   SecuRemote-Client | Remote-Mgmt-Server | FW1 | Accept |

---------------------------
   SecuRemote-Client | Remote-FireWall | RDP ISAKMP | Accept |

--------------------------

   Remote Site Uses FWZ Encapsulation
   ============================
   If the remote site is using encapsulation for SecuRemote clients, the
following
   additional rule needs to be added:

   Source | Destination | Service | Action |

   SecuRemote-Client | Remote-FireWall | FW1_Encapsulation | Accept |
   Remote-FireWall | SecuRemote-Client |

   FW1_Encapsulation is pre-defined on most current FireWall-1 boxes. If it
is not
   pre-defined on yours, then create it as service of type Other with
"ip_p=94" in the
   Match field.

   Remote Site Uses ISAKMP
   ====================

----------------------
   Source | Destination | Service | Action |

----------------------
   SecuRemote-Client | Remote-FireWall | IPSEC | Accept |
   Remote-FireWall | SecuRemote-Client | |

-----------------------
   IPSEC is pre-defined on most current FireWall-1 boxes. If it is not
pre-defined on
   yours, then create it as service of type Other with "ip_p=50" in the
Match field.

   Remote Site Does Not Use Encapsulation.
   ===============================
   If the remote site does not use encapsulation, then you will need to
permit the
   necessary traffic to and from the remote site by your local FireWall's
rulebase.
   You need to make sure that none of the traffic is processed through the
security
   servers or an intermediary proxy or you might get unreliable or
unpredictable
   results. The following rule near the top of your rulebase should suffice:

----------------
   Source | Destination | Service | Action |

----------------
   SecuRemote-Client | Remote-Servers | Any | Accept |

   The "any" above can be replaced with the specific services the SecuRemote
   client needs to use.

   NOTE: If your FireWall is doing address translation for the SecuRemote
client,
   please refer to SecuRemote behind a NAT device

   Problem Description
   How to set up Securemote behind a Firewall to connect to a remote Firewall.

   See the problem environment.

   Comment on this Solution