From: Uthaya Sankar A (ESG) - CTD, Chennai. [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 4:14 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] secure remote authentication

Hi

        I am facing problem secure remote authentication. Using secure
remote client i am able to add the site and able to exchange keys. When i am
trying to access any encrypted domain group workstations it is prompting for
user authentication prompt i gave the user name and password after some time
i am getting error called "communication failure". In external router i gave
acl as

ip access-list extended in permit ip host "firewall ip" any  as outbound in
serial interface

ip access-list extended out permit ip host any  "firewall ip"  as inbound in
serial interface

        After removing access list in external router...vpn authentication
is going fine.

can anybody tell which protocol is used by check point secure remote for
authentication, so that i can allow that protocol also along with ip....so
that to fix the problem because of the acl.

thanks in advance

A.Uthaya Sankar