Re: [FW-1] Anti-Virus Solution

Hi,

Since Eduardo has raised the question how eSafe does content security
without being a proxy, I though I would answer it.
The secret is the NitroInspection technology that powers our standalone
gateway products (as opposed to our CVP products). This technique is
engineered around a concept, similar to stateful inspection technology,
first introduced by Check Point. With NitroInspection, the HTTP, FTP and
SMTP packets are simultaneously delivered to the client and to the eSafe
Content Inspection engine. However, the last packet is retained by the
gateway until the content security sweep is completed. If eSafe approves
the file, the last packet is forwarded to the client and the session
completes successfully. Otherwise, if the content carries a virus, a worm
or other threat, the requesting client does not receive the file and eSafe
gateway generates an alert.
The NitroInspection technology allows to improve the end user experience
and, comparing to the proxy-based antiviruses, its impact on the network
performance is negligible. More information is available on-line:
http://www.esafe.com.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Nahum Greenberg - eSafe Product Manager
Aladdin Knowledge Systems
mobile: +972-55-604850
office: +972-4-8811446
http://www.ealaddin.com

On 20/12/2001 08:38:46 CET Eduardo Eirós Valle wrote:

>Hi Ed,
>
>Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 10:08:27 PM, escribió:
>
>ED> I am looking at E-Safe Gateway from Aladdin, which is a standalone
product you
>ED> place on NT 4.0 or Linux between your router and your firewall -- it
acts
>ED> as a router, scanning all SMTP/HTTP/FTP traffic for viruses, vandels,
>ED> or bad scripts.
<...>
>How can esafe do that? A stand alone antivirus means that It must act
>as a proxy for http and ftp. For smtp to scan esafe must be your mta
>with primary mx.
>
>Esafe as router? Please explain me more if I´m wrong.
>
>--
>
>  Eduardo Eirós Valle                            mailto:[email protected]
>
>  Nextel S.A. Ingeniería Telemática
>
>  Tlf: +34 944035555  Fax: +34 944035550
>
>  Parque Tecnológico Edif. 207, Bloque B, 1º
>
>  48170- Zamudio (Bizkaia)

>[email protected]

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.