Re: [FW-1] Firewall 4.1 working with more than one processor

Adilson,

You can't.  The kernel is single threaded.

I've been told that NG should take better advantage of multiprocessing
environments (I guess the SVN architecture is a large part of that).  I
haven't had the chance to test that out though.

good luck,

--gill

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Adilson Lemos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  We have two firewall 4.1 and using NAT and Policy with Sun 5.7. my machines
> there are 4 processors but through mptstat command from Sun i saw one
> processor with 3% idle and anothers with 90% idle. So, i have the fw process
> using only one processor and because that my gigaSpeed Interfaces are
> losting packets of input causing lot of problems to us.
>
> Does Anyone know how can i better my Firewalls performance  ? or already saw
> any problem like that ?
>
> IF anyone already saw any problems like that and have sucessed, send to me
> any idea.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best Regards,
> Adilson Lemos

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective