 Ft Worth, TX 76112-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of John
Ryan
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 8:03 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Best IDS??

Tim,

Don't rely on a single source solution. Dragon is an excellent system that
is worth loking at. Snort is great as a secondary system. Look at Entercept
for host based IDS / firewall to protect critical servers.
Consider using a central logging facility such as netForensics. It will pull
all of your alerts into a central console. Very nice.
NFR is a great forensices tool as it sucks up all of the network traffic and
allows your to analyze what happened.

Real Secure is weak. It doesn't scale, support is poor, updates are very
slow.