Rich

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Mark
Pace Balzan
Sent: 17 December 2001 20:51
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Stopping SMTP Relay on CP FW4.1

Hi All,

I am also currently working on testing Trendmicro's Viruswall solution for a
mail server behind FW-1 using CVP

>From what I have read in the archives, FW-1 is by default an open relay, and
the solution to stop this is to specify the domains you MX for in the
firewall config (which you specifically allow), and then deny all weird
characters and other domains. All domains are also in the mail server config
of course.

Or else have some other mail server before the firewall to take care of the
relaying,...something like a bastion host from what I gather to cover up for
FW-1

A question to all of you you out there who have 100+ domains on your mail
servers:

- Is the above the only way (or ways) to go about it, assuming you must use
CVP (at least for now)
- Has Checkpoint released a fix ?

Or are all people with many domains not using CVP at all, and leaving it all
up to the mail server ?
In this case is your anti-virus installed on the same machine as the mail
server ?

Many thanks

Mark