From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 1:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] SDL & windows 2000

James Oryszczyn <[email protected]> wrote:

>W2K will have DNS and  netbios traffic on a boot up.  The Windows 2000
>machine is trying to contact the domain controllers to get machine policys
>and such.  Capture when hit Ctrl-al-deltete and the tunnel comes up. Then
>look for DNS traffic.

Hi,
I've traced all packets leaving my SR/SC box. After startup of the
networking services the client tries to contact its DNS servers directly
without any use of SR/SC, although split DNS/ encrpted DNS is setup
correctly (it runs for a different NT box). When I now pass some random
credentials the logon fails however after that SR/SC logon window pops up.
When those credentials belong to a cached profile the logon process uses
this instead of waiting for SR to come up with the pop up window.

Any further hints/ reading?

Egonle

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/