Re: [FW-1] Logging sperately ,managing centrally

Dave,

I'm relatively certain that CLM is for Provider-1 only. If I recall correctly, CLM is simply another Provider-1 Management server devoted to logging. This unburdens the primary management server of logging operations which can be quite drastic on a large Provider-1 deployment.

My only advice would be to load up the management server with as much memory as possible and then use excessive use of filters to narrow down your logging searches. You can seperate logs per firewall easily but to do so (AFAIK)requires you to logswitch and logexport which doesn't help when you want to use the log viewer for troubleshooting.

I suppose you could also write a user defined script which would log to a SQL server and do your searches that way. Probably a lot more involved then you would want to get though.

Regards,
Jason Stout