From: The UNIX Mighty! [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] NAT issue

hey folks,

whenever I connect to any dmz-ip which are nated from internal lan, the
connection is really slow. NON nated ip are rocket fast.

any suggestions? below is the info on the firewall setup

Thanks
-Bikesh-
[email protected]

os: solaris
fw: VPN-1(TM) & FireWall-1(R) Version 4.1 Build 41510 [VPN + DES +
STRONG]

my current fw config is 3 interface: exteral, dmz, internal
my rules are as follows
1) dmz-net              internal-net    any     accept
2) internal-net         dmz-net         any     accept
3) internal-net         any             http    accept
4) dmz-net              any             any     accept
5) any                  dmz-ip-1        http    accept
   any                  dmz-ip-2        http    accept
6) any                  any             any     drop

nat rules are as follows
hostname        dmz-ip          outside-ip
dmz-ip1         172.16.1.1      <outside-ip-1> static
dmz-ip2         172.16.1.2      <outside-ip-2> static
dmz-net         172.16.1.0      <firewall-ip>  hide
internal-inet   172.18.1.0      <firewall-ip>  hide