[FW-1] Remote node versus standalone

Hi

We have Master firewall in central site which controls all remote node
firewalls (VPN-1 4.0 NT4, soon to be VPN-1 4.1 SP5(?) on Nokia IP440).

Before the central firewall is changed I have to install a standalone -don't
ask!- (a new VPN-1 4.1 SP5 Nokia IP440 - yes another one) into one of our
remote sites.

Later this firewall should be brought 'back into the fold' and be a standard
remote node - managed from the central site.

I am trying to find out pitfalls, my assumptions are:-

1. I will need Management Console license for remote site (even though it
will eventually be managed remotely) - bit of a downer on the budget....
2. The process of changing from 'standalone/mgt console' to remote node will
be straightforward (did I hear the words fly and pigs somewhere ?)

Any comments ?

TIA