Re: [FW-1] RealSecure IDS

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the info.  I will keep it handy for when we get to that point.
Kim

>>> [email protected] 12/11/01 07:34AM >>>
Hi,
You said:

       >>> [email protected] 12/10/01 11:27AM >>>
      I've been asked to look into the RealSecure/Checkpoing Firewall-1
      Intrusion Detection System combination.
      What does any of the list members know about this combination, and/or
      about RealSecure in general?
      Thanks,
      Kim Longenbaugh

Here is a good document regarding how to set things up without spending loads on

on Sensors...this is really good for internal IDS of VLANed networks (looking
      for VNC traffic etc....)

as well as for monitoring diffrent segments of DMZ: In front of firewall, DMZ,
      internal network....

http://www.metases.com/files/Shomiti.pdf

http://www.docshow.net/ids.htm
lots of genreal info

-Bye

Joe McGean

Allianz, Ireland

Security Team

Please Note:

Our e-mail address is now 'allianz.ie'

Visit our website at http://www.allianz.ie

Disclaimer :
The information contained and transmitted in this e-mail is
confidential information, and is intended only for the
named recipient to which it is addressed. The content of
this e-mail may not have been sent with the authority of
 the company. If the reader of this message is not the
named recipient or a person  responsible for delivering it
to the named recipient, you are notified that the review,
dissemination, distribution, transmission, printing or copying,
forwarding, or any other use of this message or any part of
it, including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please delete
the e-mail and destroy all record of this communication.
Thank you for your assistance.