Re: [FW-1] importing conf files in checkpoint distributed mode

On         Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:10:23 +0530, Vikalp Nagori
<[email protected]> wrote:
>I had taken  backup of checkpoint firewall (installed as single
gateway) conf files and installed the firewall in distributed mode. I
was trying to import the conf backed up but unable to do...
Do what you did the first time, copying objects.C and *.W but don't
import the rulebases.fws file, then run fwm -g *.W from withing conf
directory to recreate rulebases.fws. and then you should be able to see
them via the gui.

>Did the following-
>copied rulebases.fws, *.W, objects.C, fauth.NDB* from the backup to the
new conf directory but at guiclient unable to see the objects or policy.

>I created a test policy and copied the orignal policy file in that,
copied the containts of backed up objects.C file in new objects.C file
but still on gui client I could see only the new object I created and
the sample policy I created.