From: MATT GUILFOIL <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Email Virus Protection
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:08:41 -0600

Along with lots of others, I too recommend a multi-tier approach. We use
Aladdin's ESafe CVP product at the gateway which also allows us to block
attachment/mime types, combined with Sybari's Antigen on the Exchange
server. Antigen is nice in that it allows you to subscribe to three
different AV engines, so you're not dependent on one vendor's definition
files. We were protected from the Goner virus before we even knew about
it.