Re: [FW-1] Email Virus Protection

Hi

Due to a lot of exchange problems we dismissed
the idea of using on-the-exchange-server virus protection.

Although Trendmicro has a fine and recommended gateway solution (Interscan),
we installed 2 email-gateways standing in series , 1 Trendmicro and
1 Mail Essentials (GFI) because we noticed that neither of the products are
100% proof,
eg. Trendmicro didn't find the Magister virus in .pif extensions (although
the engine was updated enough) and the Mail Essentials updated on some new
virusses too late
(a day or so).

Further more one can relate Mail Essentials to Exchange Server, for a
user-based policy etc...

gngs,

   Nicolaas Fosselle  -  Dienst Informatica
             network/system administration

A.Z. Maria Middelares        00-32-9-241-6174 Voice
Kortrijksesteenweg 1026      00-32-9-241-6179 Fax
9000                         Gent - Belgium - Europe