Re: [FW-1] Securemote on Windows XP

> I have installed Securemote on a Windows XP machine and it
> does not work. I am able to create the site and when I try
> and when I ping a host in the encryption domain it comes back
> host unreachable.  I never get a request for authentication.
>
> I have installed securemote on Windows 95 and 98 and been
> successful with both.
>
>  I am running securemote 4.1 SP 5 build 4199 that is supposed
> to work with XP.
>
> Anyone have any luck with XP?

Partial luck, and it sounds as if you are having the same problem as me.

If I install build 4199, it works through any Ethernet adapter that I might
use to connect to the Internet, but I cannot get it to work through the
dialup adapter. I've tried rebinding but no success.

It looks to me as if build 4199 was a bit rushed ... if you look at the
event log, it still logs an error saying:

FW1: FW1: Running on Build 2600 is not supported!
FW1: FW1: Build 2195 is required!

XP is Build 2600 ... I think build 2195 is Windows 2000.

--Philip

--
Philip Colmer MBCS CEng                 Tel: 01223 271223
I.T. Manager                            Fax: 01223 215513