Re: [FW-1] Checkpoint and Internet bandwidth

I suppose your manager is so STUPID than if his friend tell him
than to recover those 40% of bandwith he just have to replace
all his policies by a simple rule "any any any ACCEPT"
he will be stupid enough to do it as his friend told him.
Sound to me like the perfect candidate to open virus attachment
as it came from a "Friend".

He doesn't accept a NO as an aswer but it took 40% of bandwith
loss without any further explaination.

If it was the case it would be long time now it would be
known by every one, FW-1 is one the most deployed, if not the
most deployed, high end firewall.

Sorry but i would not want to work for your manager...

Your are a poor man.

P.S. I have a 100Mbits pipe to my DMZ and i don't see any
     VISIBLE bandwith difference when i access machine on the
     DMZ for maintenance from my internal network if i access
     it with the FW-1 active or disabled...

END OF INTERNET BANDWITH WASTING :)

Yves Belle-Isle