Re: [FW-1] Remote syslog facility problem

Thnks to the people who responded.
I opened a Nokia case for this and their answer is that this is not
supported on their platforms.
I think it's a shame because it's a feature that would allow better remote
monitoring of firewalls.
You could centrally monitor all your firewalls via one (two for redundancy)
syslog server(s).
You can already do it now, but all messages get mixed, which is exactly why
facilities are used, so it's a bit contradictory that you cannot manipulate
facilities while sending to a remore syslog.
Offcourse you can always setup a script on the syslog server that filters
stuff, but this is "afropatching".

thnks again,

Filip