[FW-1] PASV FTP on different port

Hi list,
i run 4.1 SP4 on IPSO, Mgmt on Solaris 2.6

I want to ftp from an inside machine to the internet, hiding nat, on various
ports.
Now i have the following problem: as long as I do not open a data connection
everything is fine (read: i get authenticated and have a prompt). As soon as
entering the pasv mode (doing ls...) the control connection gets a timeout
and dies. FW-1 does not recognize the data connection to be invoked by the
previous ftp session.
I read a lot on this and found this has been posted as early as in Feb 00
here, but i got no satisfying solution. Phoneboy Daemon W. has a workaround
using a static nat rule but this not working for me since i must have the
choice to choose a port. He also mentions there may be some inspection code.
Has anybody any? Done and tested and working?
TIA for any input
Steffen