Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote & UDP Encapsulation

Title: Message
Nope , they don't, the MEP configuration don't work on Gateway 2 Gateway VPN that I'm using..other suggestions ?
-----Original Message-----
From: Hal Dorsman [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 6:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote & UDP Encapsulation

-----Original Message-----
From: Eitan Lugassi [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 1:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] SecuRemote & UDP Encapsulation

Hi,
I have a problem with Securemote users that try to connect to the LAN while they are connected to a private network at home that have the same IP range as the LAN, or using ADSL line with the same properties.

I read about the UDP Encapsulation solution in Checkpoint SP2 manual.
My Q are : Did anyone implemented this solution ? Does it work ? Is the only thing that I should do is to edit the Objects.C file ?

Thanks
[Hal Dorsman]

You are talking about two different things.  The UDP encapsulation is for forcing IPSec past a NAT router.

You cannot access an internal LAN from another network with the same addressing, as this would violate

basic routing principles.  Checkpoint does have a work around for this.  "Enable IP Pool NAT for SecuRemote

Connections" in the IP Pool NAT tab of Properties.

Hal

Eitan Lugassi

<http://www.camelot.com>

Network Secure. Go Play