Re: [FW-1] new virus (?)

I think that the best solution for most common viruses is to stop > exe,
scr, lnk, vbs etc...on the gateway !!

-----Original Message-----
From: James Edwards [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 3:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] new virus (?)

We did too and we have been pretty lucky/good so far.  There was a dynamic
here that I hadn't counted on before.  We only had one person open it from
an outside source but then 20 other people open it when it came from her.
See, these normally smart, cautious people trust the people they work with
so, where they would not have considered opening such an inane message from
an outsider, an insider blew us away.  We had to shut down out mail server
for an hour while we got things under control.

I'm just thankful all it did was replicate itself.

Jim Edwards