Re: [FW-1] Fwstop; Cannot Kill Services

sounds like part of the FW has crashed perhaps. If you're on Unix/IPSO you should
be able to do a ps -ef | grep <process name>  and it will return the process #. Then you
can kill them individually if you have to.  Some systems will have that command as ps -aux | grep...

start with a ps -ef | grep fw     and see what firewall processes are running currently. Then figure out what's running and what's not.

On windows you should be able to go into the task manager, go to the processes tab and find those
processes and try to kill them one at a time if you need to.

The management server is just one (?) process, and the rest of the fw could be running fine w/o it. I think of it like a GUI server (kinda). In unix you could just restart that one process  FWDIR/bin/fwm (enter) I think.. going off the top of my head here. It's been a while!

>>> Korg Muller <[email protected]> 12/04/01 12:28PM >>>
When attempting to connect to the Management Console
but I'm getting a "Cannot connect to Server" error.
When performing a 'fwstop' I get:

Cannot kill fwd. No such process.
Cannot kill snmp. No such process.
Cannot kill fwm pid. No such process.