Re: [FW-1] Need Help with log switch script

> Greetings,
> I found a cron job script on the nokia site that switches the
> log and mail
> the log of dropped pakets to me.  But of course I am having
> problems getting
> this script to run properly.
> It is running on a Nokia IP300 running IPSO 3.3.1-FCS7.  This
> is the script:
> #!/bin/sh
> source/var/etc/pm_profile
> cd /var/fw/log
> #Filename will include date
> PERIOD='date +%d%m%y'

You need to replace the two quotes with back-quotes:

PERIOD=`date +%d%m%y`

> /opt/pkg/FireWall-1-strong.v4.1.SP-3.ipso-3.3/bin/fw logswitch $PERIOD
> # output logfile to comma seperated file.
> /opt/pkg/FireWall-1-strong.v4.1.SP-3.ipso-3.3/bin/fw
> logexport -d, -i$PERIOD.log -oyesterday.log -n
> # Search for all dropped packets
> ATTACK=$PERIOD.attack
> grep "drop"yesterday.log>>$ATTACK

I whould have changed this to:

grep ",drop," yesterday.log >> $ATTACK

If not, you may get some accept messages in the $ATTACK file (a hostname may
contain the word "drop" but not ",drop,").