Re: [FW-1] Nimda rule rejects disinfected clients ???

If it's the bug I'm thinking of, the FW URI rules choke on URL's with the @ sign in them.  Easiest way
around this is just to make sure your hosts are clean (be a good neighbor!) and then remove the outbound URI rule (unless your users are hosting webs servers!)  If your net is clean, you are really only concerned with incoming bad stuff - so just block inbound. You users are making outbound requests for websites so they will be unaffected.
This should resolve your problem while affording you some protection from NIMDA, CodeRed, etc.
Your rule is just:

any      MyNet      Bad-HTTP     Drop   (or log)
mynet    any          HTTP           accept(or accounting if you track this stuff)

HTH,

Joe

>>> Sam Denton <[email protected]> 12/03/01 11:04AM >>>
The same thing happened to me. I got in contact with Checkpoint. They say it
is a known bug and there is nothing they can do about it. There are no plans
to 'fix' the error either. Its a pain I know but we all have to live with
it. I recommend removing the rule and not adding any uri resources this
seams to stop it happening.

Thanx

Sam