Could this be merely a mis-configuration of the DNS server itself ?

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of BY
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 5:18 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] DNS Stop Running caused by FW Checkpoint NG

Hello there,

My contractor has made many attempts but failed so far to install the
following environment for my company:-

Attempt No #1
OS: Windows 2000 Server (Standalone) with DNS Server installed
FW: Firewall Checkpoint Next Generation

Attempt No #2
OS: NT Server with SP5 (Standalone)
FW: Firewall Checkpoint 4 with SP8

They have tried both methods but DNS Server seems to be stopped by Firewall
Checkpoint application. Does anyone have this problem before and if so can
you recall how it has been fixed. I have never recommended to have both DNS
& Firewall Checkpoint running on the same box but apparently they says this
is Firewall's recommendation. Anyway, I will look at this as my phase 2
project.

The objective of my Phase 1 action is to upgrade both hardware & Firewall
Checkpoint application environment.

The current environment of my firewall is as follow which is not installed
by the same contractor unfortunately:-
OS: NT Server with SP5 (Standalone)
FW: Firewall Checkpoint 4 with SP3

Any clues from you guys would be appreciated.

Thank You.

BY