[FW-1] TCP Rule 0

Hi, all

I use Firewall-1 4.0 SP5 on SPARC Solaris 2.6 currently. I setup a rule

proxyserver (http) -----> an appliance runs web server     http     accept
long

The proxy server is on DMZ zone which connects Firewall-1 ethernet hme0 port.
The web applicance is located on the external Firewall-1 ethernet hme1 port and
a CISCO router to a T1 line. My PC is located on the internal interface of
Firewall-1 which connects hme2 port.

When I type in the address of the web appliance in my browser, I saw two rules
active on this from logviewer:

source          destination          service     action     proto.     rule

proxyserver          web appliance     http          reject     tcp          0
proxyserver          web appliance     http          accept     tcp          9

Of course my connection is failed. The rule 9 is the one that I specified in the
rule set in Firewall-1 but I don't have rule 0 which rejects the connection.
Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Jiang
Senior UNIX administrator
Liz Claiborne, Inc.