Thanks Charles Piombi

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Enno
Rey
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 1:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Best IDS??

Hi,

don't take RealSecure. They (still) have bandwidth issues, you can't
write
your own signatures [which is rather critical for an IDS] and you can't
do
any forensics [there's no recording of the raw packets for retrospective
investigation], which may be even more critical for an IDS.

But I'm sure your sales guy will tell you 'the next version will
definitely
include all this'... this is what they do since many versions...

Take snort or Dragon.

just my 0.02

Enno Rey

[email protected] --- www.security-academy.de
PGP 585F B0B9 F429 35EF 73A4  BC33 8F4B A629 C181 2EF1