[FW-1] Host question

Title: Host question

Hi all,

We are running 4.1 sp2 on an nt 4 sp6 box.  Occasionally during the day, our log will fill up with the following messages:

fw_xlate_forw: failed to initialize the connection
fw_xlate_set_tables:  Id_set to fwx_back_tables failed.

When this happens, we cannot get out to the Internet and we've found that clearing the fwd.h and .hosts files correct the issue.  In fact we've created a simple script that stops/starts the fw service and deletes the files once a day.  We know that sp4 will correct the host problem, but management wants to wait for the new year to pay for the legacy support contract.  My question - is the problem that is occurring actually happening because of how 4.1 incorrectly logs ips or do we have another issue on our hands?