[FW-1] Checkpoint's HA "ip conflict" on NG/win2k

I've setup Checkpoint NG HA (with latest hot fixes) on two Compaq Dl 320's
with Windows 2000 SP2 and the hotfixes, All interfaces are Compaq NIC's.

I have all the appropriate licenses. Management server is seperate
workstation on management segment. Firewalls are in a Gateway Cluster. All
interfaces are on hubs. State Sync. is working on the management
network. Each firewall is set as "HA" in each of the local configuration
panels.

Problem:

As I shut down one or the other firewalls and it comes back up, Windows
2000 alerts me about a duplicate ip address, then that interface fails
to activate. It appears that HA is not changing the MAC addresses.

Questions:

1. Do I need to manually set the interfaces with the same MAC address?
2. Are there other settings within Checkpoint that I'm potentially
missing?
3. Are there any known problems with Compaq NICs?

I've setup VRRP and Rainwall in the past, this is my first attempt with
Checkpoint's HA solution.

Thank you.

Frank