Re: [FW-1] true or false

"Reed Mohn, Anders" schrieb:
> Here, it will traverse the rule base, top-down. It hit's rule three, which
> permits the traffic.
> Now, there is no need to continue traversing the rule base, because, as the
> text says: reordering
> the rules is _not_ going to change the outcome. Thus, processing can stop at
> this point.
> If you _do_ reorder the rules (switch #5 and #3), it will hit the User Auth
> rule first. This time,
> it will continue traversing the rule base, looking for a less restrictive
> rule further down.
> Whether it now looks for the first possible match, or the best possible
> match, I don't know.
>
> Cheers,
> Anders :)

That's exactly how I understood it. If authentication in involved, it
will not neccessarily hit the first matching rule, but the least
restrictive. This is clearly a break in the logical structure, but it
doesn't hurt much, once you've learnt it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Jörg Oertel

--
Joerg Oertel            Tel:02225/8820
MOSAIC SOFTWARE AG      Fax:02225/882201