Re: [FW-1] Is NG ready for general use ?

Thanks (and to others who replied) - looks like I will go 4.1 and think
about NG when it is REALLY ready - in 2003 ?...  ;-)

Cheers

From: [email protected]
To: xfw1 x <[email protected]>
CC: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Is NG ready for general use ?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:04:48 +0100

Hello xfw1,

I am using it in a very complex situation, and it is NOT stable.
It does Client to GW VPN / NAT / Firewalling.

I'm using it on Solaris 2.7/Win2k, with HF2+ RDP Patch.

Best Regards,
                MaX

xx> Hi

xx> Couple of resellers say they won't implement/support NG yet - probably
not
xx> for another few months or so.

xx> Also couldn't see any NG-specific training in their schedules.

xx> We need to upgrade FW soon (few weeks or so) and must make choice 4.1
or NG.

xx> Questions:-

xx> 1. What are others doing ?
xx> 2. Any idea if this is widespread attitude amongst resellers - is it
really
xx> too risky to implement NG for 3 site VPN at the moment ?

xx> _________________________________________________________________
xx> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

xx> To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
xx> please see the instructions at
xx> http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailing.html

--
Best regards,
 MaXsecurity                            mailto:[email protected]