Re: [FW-1] Problem setting up securemote connection to FW-1 SP3

Thanks Matthias and Guy,

Your suggestions have definately help get me past the "Encryption
failure" error message, however it's still not working.

I have the following rules in place now:

any                   smiths_PC      FW1 & FW1_topo
accept             long (had to add this rule, as these services were
being rejected).
secure_group    smiths_PC      PCAnywhere                client
Encrypt   long

On the properties for Client Encrypt, for the source and destination
options l have selected "intersect with user database". What other
options are there?, and where would l find them?

When l start a securemote session, the log shows the requests for FW and
FW_topo are accepted, but then nothing else happens and the securemote
session returns the error "Error: communication with site 11.11.11.111
has failed". I was at least hoping for another log entry showing where
the breakdown is, but l couldn't find anything.

Any other recommendations on securemote options (should l use IKE only,
or maybe FWZ as well?).

regards,

Alan Choyna.