Matt Hale

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Aeon
Hale
Sent: 14 November 2001 14:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] MAIL and LINUX

Hello,

I sent an email earlier regarding a mail problem with the firewall.  I
recently setup a RH 70 machine with 4.1 sp3.  Everything is working fine
except for mail.  We have one static NAT rule for our SMTP server
(exchange).  I added the arps and Static Route to the rc.local file and
they seem to work great, also added the local.arp file to STATE dir.
The old firewall that was setup was an NT 4 box that passes mail fine.
The moment I cut over to the linux server, no mail gets sent out or
received.  I do see accepts in our log viewer from our mail server to
random IP's, but no mail is leaving and no mail is returning.  From an
outside line, I can telnet to the static address on port 25 and I reach
the mail server.  WHAT AM I MISSING?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aeon

PS.  I used automatic STATIC nat rules and i've checked them a couple
times.

The Dalai Lama says, "Those things which will work out, there is no use
worrying about;
 Those things which won't work out, worrying won't help."